Master in Social Work(M.S.W)

There are three levels of undergraduate study equating to first-year, second-year and third-year study. Once the student has a first degree, he/she is called a graduate and may choose to take a higher qualification (e.g. a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s Degree, PhD etc.).

It enables the holder to practice social work independently after completing a specified number of hours of supervised practice, which varies by state, and obtaining certification. Typically the MSW requires 2 years of full time study, including a minimum of 900 hours of supervised practice. Independent practice requires additional supervised work plus certification.